Thursday 25 July 2013

100 year old books

I would love to own a 2nd hand antique bookshop one day. Although I wouldn't be able to sell any as I would want to keep them and touch them and smell them and look at them all the time. Actually I think I just want an old book Library!

This donation was fantastic from an interesting point of view.
3 HUGE bags of books, the 'newest' of which was from 1929.
The oldest was 1830, but sadly has fallen apart completely.

Some were first editions, others in French, some in German.
A smorgasbord of topics!

All of which we have researched and priced accordingly.
most are priced £2 - £4 but there are a few worth a lot more.

This one on Medieval Towns is £28 from 1906





We also have an Autoharp album £3, a book on Puritan England £4, and some French novellas £4 each.

Plus they look lovely with our 1950's and 60's and 70's novels (maybe we shall blog about those later!)


Bye for now
BG




No comments:

Post a Comment