Saturday 15 June 2013

Meet the Volunteers - Yolaine

End of the week and the final volunteer to introduce you all to. (Well until we get some new ones in)

The shop as been going since Jan 2011 and Yolaine was there from the start.
Every Saturday afternoon, you can find her serving customers and putting stuff out, tidying and tagging. As long as I keep her full of peppermint tea, all is well.


Born in France, Yolaine is great at spotting all the french labels which comes in (which is quite a lot as Brook Green is a rather French area in London) and when a french customer comes in I can pretend I am in Provence while their conversation flows....

Bonjour Yolaine!

Yolaine is also the inventor of 'Photo of the Week'. Basically it allows her to try on oversized dresses and onesies and silly hats and shoes. Might even share some of those photos with you in this blog at some point, if you ask nicely....

Yolaine says "I look forward to my Saturday afternoon in the shop to, jouer รก la marchande. I enjoy learning new skills which is totally different to my line of work (HR Management), and meeting new people every week. Plus after 18 years in the UK I can still learn new things!"

***

If you wish to volunteer at Brook Green or any of Trinity Hospice shops (Locations here) get in touch by emailing Anna Alcock retailvolunteers@trinityhospice.org.uk or phoning her on 020 7787 1000

Bye for now
BG


No comments:

Post a Comment