Wednesday 12 June 2013

Meet the Volunteers - Lisa

It's Wednesday so that means Lisa is in to swish up and replenish the bric-a-brac.

Along with being super and opening up when I have morning meetings etc, Lisa is our bric-a-brac display woman who makes sure the old stuff sells and the new stuff looks amazing.

The lovely Lisa and her bargain bric-a-brac
Lisa has been at Brook Green pretty much since we opened in 2011 and knows everything there is to know about stuff in the shop. Find her rearranging things or on the till Wednesday morning and she will help you find what you are after.

Mother to 2 lovely boys, Lisa works around school times to have some time for herself....and to find the best bargains as she does love to shop.

Supplied with coffee and given many jobs to do I can concentrate on clearing space and sorting stock and I know the shop will be perfect in Lisa's capable hands.

All the volunteers are great at signing up Gift Aid donors, but Lisa gives herself the challenge to grab more then most - and I can happily say I don't bribe her to do it...unless the extra coffee counts!

When Lisa leaves Wednesday afternoon her shift is taken over by Andreea

Lisa in her own words "When I first started I had not worked for a long time. Since volunteering at Brook Green, I have learnt loads (ie: How to work a till) and I have become more confident. I enjoy working at the shop because the other staff are lovely and I get on with everyone. I also like to have a few hours just getting away from home and being in a different environment. I cannot see myself ever leaving because of how fun it is to work at Brook Green."
(And I definitely didn't bribe her to say that! Honest!)

***

If you wish to volunteer at Brook Green or any of Trinity Hospice shops (Locations here) get in touch by emailing Anna Alcock retailvolunteers@trinityhospice.org.uk or phoning her on 020 7787 1000

Bye for now
BG

No comments:

Post a Comment