Monday 2 December 2013

Meet the Volunteers - Jane

Well hello again. Yet another new volunteer to show to world today.
Getting rather full to the brim of volunteers, which is great at all the jobs get done in double time. I have to keep finding new jobs for them to do to keep them busy!


Jane has been with us for about the same time as Allen, and has helped beautify the shop.

"I retired in September from my jobs as a PA to a high profile city lawyer, having worked for him for 45 years. He gave me a wonderful send off party and I now help him out on personal work for half a day a week.

I come from a very close family. My mother and brother live near Whinchester and I spend every weekend with them.

I have lived in Shepherds Bush for 30 years and love the area, so I was delighed when Trinity Hospice Shops accepted me as a volunteer.

I love going to the cinema and theatre but am a bit particular about what I see.
Finally, although i don't play any sport, I really enjoy watching it on television - especially cricket and equestian sports(not racing)."


A fan of Eastenders and Elton John, Jame will be here Thursday mornings to fill up and sell lots!

All together now...
"This boys too young to be singing the bluuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeessss..........
ahhhhahhhhhahhhhahhhahh...."

(of course I had to pick the version with the Muppets... )

***

If you wish to volunteer at Brook Green or any of Trinity Hospice shops (Locations here) get in touch by emailing Anna Alcock retailvolunteers@trinityhospice.org.uk or phoning her on 020 7787 1000


Bye for now
BG

No comments:

Post a Comment